Quad Bike Birding
Quad Bike Birding through the mountains is a fun way to explore areas that cannot be reached by vehicle. The low volume Sabaan, Mac mac, and the higher volume Sabie River will provide bird life unimagined. The Narina Trogon with its unique pink reddish breast is regular sighting along the rivers along with the beautiful Purple Crested Turaco that makes the loud Kor – Kor – Kor …. sound characteristic to the area. Even the Knysna Turaco has been spotted here. As soon as you move away from the rivers you will start climbing the mountains.
On your way up you will discover see that the Hazyview region has the most amazing views. Waterfalls are everywhere, wildlife all around. Beautiful sunsets what more can you ask for. When moving into the higher lying areas, you will be surrounded by manmade forest providing the perfect opportunity to spot birds of prey like the Long Crested Eagle and Fish Eagle, souring in the air and don’t forget the swallows.
Bee – eaters are a regular sighting around here, and the Swallow tailed bee-eater has been spotted regularly. Quad birding is a unique way to view a wide variety of birdlife in a short space of time.
- Teams will be briefed on how to drive a quad bike by qualified quad guide.
- He will asses on a practice round if all members are competent for driving, if not they will have to go as a passenger.
- Each person will HAVE to wear a helmet that Induna Adventures supplies.
- Have to obey instructions of guide else your trip end.
How the quad bike birding is going to work:
- At registration (6:45 Am) we will inform you where you would need to gather for your activity.
- At 7:00 Am the briefing on the birding day starts to find out what the rules and regulations for the day are.
- At 7:30 Am your guide is going to give each one a helmet (compulsory) and brief them on how to drive a quad bike. They will then be assessed on the practice round, and if you are not comfortable you can go as a passenger on a quad bike with a team member. This takes about 15min.
- As soon as your team is comfortable on their quad bikes the trip will start
- The guide will drive in the front with a single file of maximum 5 quads behind him. The speed will be determined by the guide.
- As you drive you are welcome to stop for any sighting as you are likely to spot a Narina Trogon while you drive. The idea is to guide you to the predetermined birding Hotspots and give you some time to wonder around and explore on foot. The amount of time spent per Birding Hotspot will determine how many hotspots will be visited as you need to be back at registration by 11:00 Am to hand in your bird list.
- Have a look at our rules and regulations
(c) 2020 Induna Adventures. All rights reserved. Web Design by Jason Bobich